Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thinking Out Loud

LOAD is almost over, I'm sad but know that there is no WAY I could do a layout everyday now that the kids are home all day. I'm joining a flickr group called LOAW (layout a week), I think I can handle that. I'm also joining Lisa Day on her blog where she is doing Life after LOAD, come up with a goal of how many layouts you have to make before you can purchase any more products (I tried this before, remember?) I still haven't committed to my goal on that.
Photobucket
LOAD was very life changing for me . . . I now it sounds silly to say that about paper and glue especially if you aren't a scrapper but I really feel inspired and creative right now.
Photobucket
One of the most important things I feel I learned that I can do something BIG if I work a little every day and plan ahead some. If someone had told me last month to make 31 layouts in the next month. I would have gotten overwhelmed and wouldn't know where to start but just thinking about them one at a time was the key. Sometimes the night before I knew I should start on tomorrow's layout but when you're tired that's hard.
Photobucket
So many times I would just pull out the photo I wanted to use and look through my creative journal to get an idea, sometimes I would pull out the paper I wanted to use. Then when I had time the next day, I was ready to go. A little bit of planning went a long way for me.
Photobucket
I'm going to take what I learned during LOAD and try to apply it in other areas of my life. First, is getting in shape! Remember I am running a 5K race sometime this year? Yep, I'm still doing it even though I am certainly not ready at this point. I need to start working on it though. Sounds like a daunting task but a little bit at a time. I'm taking my LOAD philosophy to this. LOAD is now becoming GIST (I'm really into these acronyms right now) for me. GIST = Get In Shape Today. Yes, I totally made that up but let's play on Nike's old motto, GIST Do It! Sounds good but I need a plan in order for it to work. I can't go running in the middle of the day with 4 kids. So here's the BIG COMMITMENT part: I am going to get up at 6am and run/walk on the days I don't go to the Y. I think I'll be at the Y 2-3 days a week. On Mondays we go for swimming lessons so I think after that I can take the kids to the playroom and run then. I plan on going to the Y in the morning some too. I think if I sign up for a class I'm more likely to go. So I started looking, what to take: Pilate's, kickboxing, y-pump . . . I don't know . . . I think I need to wait on kickboxing since there is a beginner class in the fall, I'm definitely a beginner. Y-pump sounds challenging and I'm all for that but the times and days aren't convenient for other parts of our schedule this summer. So Pilate's looks like the winner . . . it starts at 8:30 but is only a half hour 2 days a week and then I could go run on the treadmill after and we could go to the library on Thursdays for story time. So there is it. If I am not going to the Y for the day then I need to get out there at 6am on weekdays and run/walk. I'm aiming for 30 minutes, then I can shower and I'll be ready for the day before Aaron goes to work at 7 and hopefully before the kids are up . . . right, today on a Saturday they were up at 6:10 am!
So what can you do this summer with the little bit at a time philosophy . . GIST Do It!

No comments: