Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
5. What's with President Bush giving a press conference today and acting like he's a comedian. I don't normally watch those things but "The View" was coming on so I left it on and he was cracking jokes and ribbing the reporters right and left. Maybe he needs a new gig? Maybe the press conferences are always like that since I don't normally watch them. I'm sure some of it will be on The Soup on Friday!
9. Did you know it is National Scrapbook Day this Saturday? Keely and I are going to a crop at Creek Bank Creations near her home. Aaron about fell over dead when I said there was a holiday for scrapbooking -- it is kind of funny!
11. Ethan calls bananas "monkeys" he really wanted a "monkey" today so we had "monkeys" with our lunch.
Monday, April 28, 2008
1. She sleeps in her own crib many times completely through the night. If she wants to eat, she'll cry a little but never wakes up all the way. She likes to sleep in (wish her brothers and sister did too) and she goes to bed around 8:30 when the older kids do. She almost always wakes up happy (she doesn't get that from her mama!)
2. She doesn't suck her thumb as much now but likes to use 2 of her fingers instead.
3. She loves toys now and will grab at anything she things she can play with.
4. She loves her brothers and sister so much. She squeals and smiles at them. They play with her a lot and keep her occupied quite often. They even fight over her.
5. Her laugh is this crazy cough sound.
6. She can sit up for a couple seconds but falls over fast. She can roll over both ways but is really too efficient at it yet.
7. She is wearing size 3 diapers now.
8. She just started pulling my face close to hers. She loves it when I kiss her and then she tries to kiss me back by pulling my face close but she's an open mouth kisser.
9. She is really good at riding in the van.
10. I have yet to get her on a napping schedule -- it's so hard when our daily schedule is so varied with preschool, speech, appointments, etc. I am determined to work on it though.
11. She is still one happy girl!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Keely and Jeremy gave me this cool and cute necklace for my birthday. I just got it a couple weeks ago and have been wearing it everyday (actually I never take it off). I love it and have gotten tons of compliments on it. I had a triplet necklace that I always wore of 3 babies in utero that I also love but I wanted something with Reese on it too. The kids like it because they try to find their letter on it -- so it's a learning tool and Reese thinks it's a handle to grab onto while I'm holding her. Keely ordered from Lisa Leonard -- she makes them herself at home. There are tons of cute designs. She also has a neat blog that details her life -- she has 2 sons, one with a rare disorder (I know Cathi needs more blogs to read so here you go, Cathi). Check her out and let me know if you order anything!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
#1 I can't keep up with my messy house anymore! Seriously it's bad -- I think it's a mixture of too much stuff, too many people, not enough space, and the age of the kids! I either need a maid or arrange some time for the kids to "leave" for a few hours a week so I can get some major cleaning accomplished.
#2 I will not eat anything that lives in the water full or part-time.
#3 I sent my 3 3-years outside today without me for the first time! We have a fenced in backyard and I checked on them every 5 minutes or so. They lasted a little more than an hour and there were not any fights at all. Addison even pushed Ethan in the swing for about 20 minutes. Gave me a little time to clean!
#4 I am hopelessly addicted to TV namely reality shows. I love Jon and Kate Plus 8, American Idol, Project Runway, LA Ink, Miami Ink, Celebrity Fit Club, Dr. 90210, etc. I hate to admit this but I even watched Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant and Bret Michaels' Rock of Love (I and II) -- these shows are so stupid and pointless and I'm appalled and a lot of the stuff on them but I watch them anyway. I hate that reality shows' seasons are so short so when they end I have to find a "new show". Sad.
#5 My scrapbook stuff is in explosion mode right now (right Keely and Jeremy?). After my last project I didn't pick up and then more stuff was added (by me and Keely) and now I have a desk and a bench covered with stacks and piles of stuff! ugghhhh . . .
#6 I am still in my PJs at 3 pm today. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy since I let the three 3 year olds outside alone and I came out a few times in my snowman pajamas with my hair uncombed and wearing tennis shoes! Don't you want to be my neighbor?
I tag Keely, Chrissi, Cathi (now you have to start a blog), Laura, and Tiffany . . . six random things, girls!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Reese is obsessed with other kids -- her siblings and any other kid. Jeffrey was making her laugh yesterday and he wasn't really even doing anything other than looking at her. I have to watch him though because he just plows on through so if she is on the floor he will just crawl on top of her. She's tough -- she's been stepped on a couple of times when the kids forgot she was on the floor but I still have to watch closely.
Ethan was up first from nap and Jeffie was already awake. The first time I checked on them Jeffrey was playing with several cars. Then I go in there and Ethan has taken every car away from him. Poor guy! So I gave him some trains and I guess trains are okay with Ethan but Jeffie is not allowed to play with cars -- go figure!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Aunt Keely made a cake that says "Be Good". It must be working!
Everything is going quite smoothly so far. Now it's only my first day alone with 6 kids, 3 and under but I don't feel insane or anything. Everyone has been fed breakfast, snacks, and lunch . . . except me and everyone got dressed . . . except me (still in jammies at 2:30 pm), everybody is up in bed (not everyone is asleep though) . . . except me, and the plan is everyone will get a bath later tonight . . . I'm going to make sure I get a shower for sure tonight because there is NO TIME during the day to do that. Jeffrey gives his mom fits all the time but I think he's being extra good for his Aunt. He slept all through the night and his daddy said that hasn't happened in over a month. He hasn't cried much at all and went down for naps easily and slept 2 hours this morning which is a little longer than usual. He is pretty much just doing the opposite of whatever his mom told me . . . she said at lunch to give him juice but he probably won't drink it and I had to take it away from him because he wouldn't stop! Kids, go figure! Only problems I am having is with Caden who is picking fights with Jackson and Addison . . . Alpha male thing I think. And poor Jeffie he tries to play with the "baby toys" and every time he gets something in his hand a 3 year old is telling him "No, it's Reese's" and then the 3 year old proceeds to play with it. I think that's all I need to own is "baby toys" and everybody would be happy. Reese and Jeffrey seem to be on opposite schedules when Jeffie sleeps, Reese is awake and when Reese sleeps, Jeffie is awake which is just fine with me . . . I didn't plan to get anything done when they were here anyway.
Here's little Jeffie hanging out!
Jackson is too funny and very clever. He made a cast out of lego tunnel pieces. He sure to invent something great someday or be an engineer!
Caden got the last sticker on his "poop chart" today! Took a loooooooooong time to get those 8 stickers. Now he gets a prize -- he's already having a hard time deciding between some Spiderman Guys and a Spiderman handheld Video game (says it's for age 10+ on the package) -- I'm pushing for the guys! He's so proud of himself!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
So I need to get back on the "blog horse" but that may be a little hard as both my nephews, Jackson (3) and Jeffrey (1) are staying with us until Sunday. Their dad brought them today and he is staying until tomorrow morning and then I'm on my own so pray for me! I'm sure it will be fine but I was really counting on being outside a lot and now it's supposed to rain and snow the next 2 days so I guess that's out! I'll try to keep you updated!