Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Out Sick

Long time, no {blog} write. I have a good excuse . . . sickness! We are now on week 4 of somebody being sick at this house. Remember about 3 weeks ago, everyone but me had the flu for like 5 days???? The next week Reese got croupe. Then last week Caden came down with this low grade fever which I thought was no big deal, but on day 3 it turned into a 104 temp which went to 105 a couple times too. I thought for sure he had ear infections, took him to the doctor and nope, after bloodwork and chest x-rays doctor wasn't sure what was going on but he was on day 5 of a fever, so she prescribed antibotics and after 3 doses all better (so I thought). Then Ethan throws up Saturday night and has a low grade fever. Then before long his fever is 105 and 106. I got it to come down with medicine and stripping him but what is this all about? Caden throws up again on Sunday night but no fever and he's been so grouchy with us and falling alseep 3 hours before bedtime and staying asleep. I keep him home from school on Monday and he seems fine. So off to the doctor's office we go again for Ethan and it was a 2 hour wait in the waiting room because 2 babies decided to come unexpectedly yesterday. And Ethan threw up on me in the waiting room and the blanket and the sweatshirts we had . . . good times. Again doctor doesn't know what's going on although she thinks we have two different "bugs" going on . . . oh goody! Ethan had to have urine tests and bloodwork but I'm sure you all knew that, certainly you hear him screaming when that happened. Just getting the turnicate on and cleaning his arm with alcohol was super traumatizing to him so when the needle went in . . . it was nearly the end of the world. Conclusion at this point Ethan has some bacterial infection and needs antibotics too. So we'll see . . .
Mother's Day was nice although I wish we could have done something as a family but Ethan was so sick. Aaron cooked me breakfast
Photobucket
and tried to get my one wish of a photo of me and the kids together. Here's the best one . . . aren't they happy?
Photobucket
Addison and I went shopping and out for lunch at Red Robin where we both enjoy my favorite freckled lemonades
Photobucket

Photobucket
I taught Addison how to play tic-tac-toe.
Photobucket
We had a fun time.
Photobucket
We went to Michael's and kids' resale shop and scrapbook store. It was fun and nice to do something by ourselves. I'm amazed how easy it seems to have one kid when you shop especially a 4-1/2 year old who can listen and stay by you and you don't have to watch her every single second. We came home and Aaron grilled steak, sweet corn, and baked potatoes. It was great and I never cooked once today but had 3 great meals!
Photobucket
The kids and Aaron got me a cute card and a Kenny Chesney CD although I think this would have been a more practical and appropriate gift at this time:

. . . after all, I still have 2 kids to go this round of illness.

No comments: