Thursday, December 4, 2008

Not Yahoo

Today I thought I would start my post by saying "Yahoo". This is the first day that we didn't' have appointments and lots of stuff going on. I love days where I can stay at home and work at getting things done and do some "fun" stuff too. Instead my stomach feels like I've been punched about a hundred times. I don't know if I'm getting the stomach thing the kids and Aaron had or what but I think I'm spending some of the day on the couch until I feel better. So it's not yahoo it's more like #%**&^!
Only when you're under the weather do things go really wrong. I didn't crawl out of bed until 7:30. I was awake but I didn't want to get up. I forgot to get the kids clothes ready last night so I had to do that. I fed them cereal and got them dressed. Then I went to start the van. I couldn't find the keys anywhere . . . my purse, the hook where they are kept, the diaper bag, counters, I even looked in the van the best I could but all but one door was frozen shut so with 4 car seats in the way it's near impossible to crawl into the back to look. I called Aaron thinking maybe he knew where they were. He didn't. I looked for the extra set but had no luck. So I was about ready to call the school to tell them we weren't coming because the parent can't find the keys. I thought I'd give it one last chance and found them in the snow -- must have dropped them yesterday when we came home. So I had to get dressed because I was just going to drop them off in my jammies but since we were late I was going to have to walk them into the school. This is now 8:35 and the baby still wasn't out of bed but she went to school in her jammies. What a way to start the day!

Maybe if I rest this morning then I will feel better during naptime today. I would like to do a little more decorating for Christmas, we have up the tree and the stockings. But I still need to remove a scarecrow and pumpkins and a skeleton from the bathroom door and then all of Reese's birthday decorations too so I can a few more things to make it a little more festive here. I'm trying not to overdo it this year.

No comments: