Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Keely!

Today is my older sister, Keely's, birthday. I just tease -- I am the oldest and have her beat by 6 years but I like to tell everyone that she is older than me just for fun!

She is one talented girl! She just started scrapbooking about 4 years ago when she was pregnant with Jackson and she is really good and gives really nice scrapbooking gifts. She made this little album for Reesey for her 1st birthday.

I don't even have time to scrapbook any of my stuff lately not to mention give gifts to people.

She's really organized but got the procrastination bug like me. She throws her heart and soul into everything she does. Aaron teases me because if I want something or start to do something new he always asks "is that what Keely is into now?" She's gets jazzed about something then I do too most of the time (I laugh every time I use the word, jazzed). She's a great mom to Jackson and Jeffrey and she totally gets me. We look a lot alike and we think a lot of like too. Jackson my trio are only 5 months apart and Jeffrey and Reese are only 7 months apart so we are "in the same places" on child raising and great support for each other.

Keely is one of the most generous people I've ever met. She's done a lot for me and I owe her big time. She came here and stayed for 7 days when I had Reese. She watched 5 kids 3 years and under for 4 straight days. She should just get an award for that. She's shown up at my door one morning at 8am (even though she lives 3 hours away) because I was in the middle of a breakdown not too long after Reese was born. She's taken my kids to her house to spend the night for more than one night in a row and she's done it more than once: this is unprecedented after they spend the night once at some one's house they have not been invited back by anyone but her.

Keely and Jeremy let my family of 6 come to their neat little family of 4 and stay for a few days all the time and never complain even though going from 4 to 10 people in one house is more than a little overwhelming. She's bought us essential stuff when Aaron was laid off like food and toiletries and some fun stuff just to pick up my mood. She works at a scrapbook store and always is getting me cool stuff too.

She's a great person and you can check her out here.

I consider both my sisters, Keely and Monica, my best friends. I don't know a lot of people that can say that especially ones that live one and three hours away.

Happy Birthday Keely, one great sister and even better best friend!


I love you!

No comments: