Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday . . . I mean Tuesday


I found a cool blog that showed this neat idea for Muffin Tin Mondays. Tonight Aaron was gone and normally for dinner I fix our bigger meal of the day which is usually something that Aaron and I like and the kids like it or lump it (I can't stand picky eaters!). But since I was home alone I decided tonight was a good night to throw this together. If I had thought ahead, I would have put in some healthier options but this was spur of the moment so I was grabbing quick things: goldfish crackers, fruit loops, grapes, wheat thins, star marshmallows, cheese cubes, bananas, pineapple chunks. I put some items in a couple of cups because I knew there may be some hoarding/fighting over certain items. It was a hit! They ate almost all of it: 3 cups had a little left in it. It was fun for them and a good lesson in sharing (plus only one dish to wash). So I think I am implementing this idea once a week during our lunchtime and next time will add some healthier and possibly introduce some new foods to them.

2 comments:

Keely said...

Geez!

You are so fun! Can I come over too?

katy said...

yay! Thanks so much for playing. Your kiddos look like they're having a ball.

Hope to see you next week!