Thursday, June 5, 2008

Becoming Rich a Quarter at a Time . . .


I am still pricing things for this yard sale. I have to pack the van after we get back from school tomorrow and try to leave around 3 pm. I have gone through almost 1500 price tags and I could keep going but it's time I'm short on. I hope it doesn't rain -- it's forecasted to have scattered thunderstorms in Catlin on Saturday. Our yard sale is a parents' dream come true if you have boys that wear 2T and under! We have almost every kind of baby item and so many clothes we could open a store! Keely and I price our stuff really good too because we figure we can make it up in quantity rather than price things high and we want to get rid of it. I won't get everything priced to go there because as usual I waited until the last minute as I always do -- I work better under pressure. I wish I was more organized but I don't think I work that way. I did put most of my baby clothes away by sex and size but I didn't match the outfits up (like pants and shirts that were a set). Some people are fanatics about all that stuff -- I'm not, we don't even wear things as outfits much so now I have spent way too much time trying to remember if something had a mate and locating it. Wish I was more organized! I haven't had a hard time letting go much of anything except my maternity clothes. I was at Keely's house when she went through her maternity clothes and I swear she said "I hated this!" about every item except one pair of jeans. When I went through all 77 of my pieces (yes, I counted) I loved most of my stuff. I wish I could wear a lot of it right now. My main problem was I outgrew so much of my stuff I had sizes medium through X-large. I loved being pregnant -- both times. It's hard to sell the maternity clothes because it makes it seem so permanent that we are "done". I know you can buy more but I just love those clothes so much! Well it's back to pricing and I have to pay bills and I have to get some grocercies for Aaron and the kids while I'm gone and the baby needs a bath and I have laundry to do all before 3 pm tomorrow plus take the kids to the school farm field trip . . .

1 comment:

Chrissi said...

Good luck at your yard sale! Looks like you should have more than enough to sell! I could sell so much, but I HATE pricing so I just take it to a resale shop. Have fun & good luck!