Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ahhhhhhh . . . sleeping in

It's 8am and Addison and I are the only ones awake. I love to get up before the kids but it's hard to do that because someone is always up early. Caden normally gets up at 6 when Aaron does and he heads downstairs with him. Lots of times Addison and Caden get up, beat me downstairs then start coming upstairs every 5 minutes to ask for food and drinks. I've even had them bring containers of juice upstairs because they can't wait any longer. As I've said before I'm not a morning person. I used to love it when the kids were all in crib tents and I got up, showered, dressed, made the bed, checked my email, and did other various things before I got them up (oh, those were good times). By the time I went to go get them I was awake and happy to get them. This is not the case now, 99% of the time. But today I woke up at 7 am and Aaron was already gone and Caden, who had mysteriously appeared in our bed in the middle of night was no where to be found and after I watched the news in bed for a while and didn't hear a peep from him, I thought he's not even downstairs and that Aaron must have put him back to bed. I got up made the bed. That's all I got done but man, just doing that one little thing makes a huge impact on my day -- at least I got one thing done (which was not the case yesterday at all)! Addison met me in the hallway and we went downstairs together but it's still fairly quiet. Found Caden in the recliner still asleep so he did go downstairs with Daddy but couldn't stay awake. I guess one advantage of not taking naps is they tend to sleep a little longer . . . sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww!Your children are so cute. I totally identify with the not a morning person thing! MY kids get up really early too.