Sunday, June 8, 2008

$1K Day

Well the yard sale has ended and I'm back home . . . things didn't quite get go off as planned. I left our house an hour and 15 minutes later than planned by the time we got the van packed. Again I couldn't see out the windows and near the end of packing I was throwing things in unpriced but I still didn't take everything I wanted to sell. I got to Keely's around 7:30. She had things set up in their garage really nice but the plan was to spread it out into the driveway because we had tables heaping full of baby clothes which was very overwhelming and intimidating to me if I were looking for baby clothes. I worked until 2 am (still pricing clothes) and Keely and I got up at 4 am as planned and there was a downpour of rain . . . that really didn't stop until 8 am Jeremy said that we should open the door as people were floating by in their vehicles slowly looking to see if we were open. We had to stay in the garage which was super crowded and most of our household stuff was in tubs under tables. For the next 4 to 5 hours it would rain buckets and buckets every half hour or so. It was unbelievable -- their yard and sidewalks were flooded! Their yard had a lake in it most of the day. Surprisingly people came and even crossed the ankle high water in the driveway to get there. We were pretty busy most of the time. And we were wheelers and dealers -- we sold a lot of stuff! We finally shut the doors at 2. We counted all the money. Our yard sale grossed $1100 which wasn't bad for the horrible weather. Keely and I each made a little over $400. The buzz around town was the rain date was set for next Saturday but I knew that Jeremy wanted his garage back in the worst way. After the money was counted he was ready to sell more so they (not me) are going again next Saturday. Keely and I resorted all the baby clothes and we had 11 tubs left which we figure is about half what we started with. So next Saturday if it's nice I hope people come out by the droves to buy the rest. I returned home last night and Aaron had completely cleaned our house. There are some things I need to go through still because he didn't know what to do with some stuff but it looked great. It did come at a price though he was extremely grouchy with all of us yesterday (it's hard work watching kids and cleaning) so I'm letting him sleep in today before I wake him up and ask him what he wants to do today. Yard sale saga to be continued . . .

1 comment:

Chrissi said...

Wow! What a sale! I'm sure next weekend will be just as productive. This weather is crazy, isn't it?? Glad you had a good time and I'm sure you are glad that it's all over.