Thursday, March 13, 2008

Reese's World Gets More Colorful


Reese's crib is in our room which she has religiously been sleeping in for about 3 weeks now. She has her own corner of the room so I thought it would be nice to decorate the walls just as I would if we would have had the space for her own room. Our bedroom walls are painted dark grey which I loved at first and now wish they were brown but that will have to wait. Anyway while pregnant I was flipping through a parenting magazine I ran across these super cute canvases with simple animal painted on them. I loved them and rushed to look up the website and found several that I loved and realized that they were $45 each for the smaller versions. Even one painting wasn't really in our budget but I thought how hard would that be to make myself. I bought 4 blank canvases at Hobby Lobby for under $20 and I already had the paint. I put gesso on the canvases then Aaron and I painted each canvas a solid color before Reese was born. Finally a few weeks ago I took the plunge and drew the animals and then painted them. They didn't turn out too bad and I saved about $200 by doing it myself. I think they will look cute above her crib and give her something nice to look at for a while.

2 comments:

Keely said...

Good Lord! Is there anything you can't do???? Those are perfect.

Chrissi said...

Those are sooo cute! Do you hire out?