Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Little R & R

Aaron has been home since Monday. He wanted to go back to work on Wednesday but I told him it was important to spend time with the kids and for my mental health that he take the whole week off. He is going back to his old job at Peterson Plumbing in the Quad Cities on Monday. We are on a "mini vacation". We have been taking the kids out and about to stores,out to eat, but mostly we have been lazily laying around the house. They went to the park with Aaron yesterday for an hour. They have school on Friday and we plan to take them to their first movie. I can't believe the change in their behavior. The first day he was home, I thought I must have been wrong about them acting out because Aaron was working so much. Aaron was very impatient and it seemed just as stressful as when he had been working, but it just took a little bit of time and now they are calmer and so are Aaron and I. We made it through but to all those single moms and moms whose husbands work tons of hours, or on the road -- my hats off to you -- I don't think I could do it all the time and be sane!

2 comments:

Chrissi said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you are now a multi-parent household again!! It's so hard to do it all by yourself. And I only have 2 kids.... but I know how you feel! It will get so much easier as they grow up!!! Hang in there!!!

Chrissi said...

I bet the kids would love "Horton Hears a Who" - lots of fun music and bright colors... lots of action for the little ones!!