Saturday, February 7, 2009

Worn Out

I just put 3 kids to bed 10 minutes early because I couldn't stand to listen to them argue, fight, hurt, each other anymore. I thought I might have about 1/2 hour to clean up, eat some leftover something before Aaron brought the 4th kid home from his Daddy-Daughter Dance Date. No such luck as I shove the first bite of reheated baked beans in my mouth I hear the van door slam -- yeah, they're home. Our house is a wreck, I tried to pick up tonight but as soon as I get one thing put away, all of them are making a new mess. One mess cleaned, three more made. I took Ethan to the doctor this morning: ear infection, big surprise. My BFF, I mean pediatrician, said I get the award for being there the most in the shortest amount of time (the prize having 4 antibiotic bottles on my counter -- seriously consider buying some stock in the stuff). I been there 4 times in the last 10 days! Aaron are are wiped out from the kids being sick. Last night they went to bed at 8, their normal time and I said to him, "Let's go to bed too." He was appalled, "I haven't gone to bed this early EVER and I'm not doing it" as he laid down on the bed by me within 10 minutes he was snoring and I was asleep right after. Tomorrow I have to make some sort of order out of this house. I can't even function at this moment with such chaos. I wanted to started repainting the kid room 3 weeks ago, still haven't even bought the paint. Maybe if they all are healthier next week I can accomplish a few things and get Reese back on some schedule. Of course I'll be missing my pediatrician but I have an appointment with her the next week. So tonight I'll call it a night early -- I made it to 8:30 tonight -- what a party animal I am!

1 comment:

Chrissi said...

I tell ya, sometimes I think if we wouldn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all. We are all still fighting all this crap, too. The kids have colds. I still cough up my lungs. I'm tired of everyone being sick and I'm sure you are too! Come on spring!!