Saturday, February 28, 2009

Creative License

The Creativity Project with Lisa Day

I'm joining this project for the month of March . . . I know I have way more on my plate that I could ever accomplish but that's the problem . . . all of it seems like "work" and not fun although shouldn't we make everything fun or at least try to? Scrapbooking is my hobby not my life or my work and I want to create with my scrapbook stuff almost everyday but it rarely happens anymore. Actually as of lately, it seems not much of anything happens here creatively anymore . . . boring. Makes me feel lazy and frustrated and just tired all the time. This isn't necessarily about doing "projects" as it is taking the everyday ordinary things and putting a creative spin on it and adding fun and energy into your life . . . I need that a lot right now! Stacy Jullian (scrapbooking celeb) turned me on to this. I think it's one of those things that the hard part is getting started but once you get going I think it will easily springboard from one area to another. So I'll start tomorrow and I think we may have a picnic on the living room floor for dinner . . . sure my husband will grumble at first and the kids will spill things but how fun and as I think ahead to it I'm sure I will add more fun to the whole process. So this isn't necessarily about being craft as it's thinking about doing things differently with a spin of fun and new ideas. People look at things I'm doing and say "I wish I was creative like you" and I really don't understand why people think they aren't creative. Creativity is about inventiveness, your ideas, your way, sometimes it turns out and sometimes it doesn't but the process should be enjoyable so all you Negative Nellies stop saying you're not creative and join in on the fun! Let me know if you're joining and be sure to let Lisa (the idea originator for the creativity project) know on her blog.

No comments: