Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Snowy Tundra

I think our town was somehow transported to the Arctic or Alaska or something. I bet if I look outside I'll see Sarah Palin's family snowmobiling on by our house. More snow, more cold (wind chills of -45 degrees tonight?????), no school, no cleaning lady, no work for Aaron, no eye doctor appointment for Ethan. All fine by me I didn't even want to open the door to throw out the stale bread for the squirrels. There's so much snow that the bread probably sunk 5 inches and they'll never find it anyway.

So we haven't done too much: blueberry pancakes for breakfast, leftovers for lunch which helped clean up the fridge, and I have a pot roast in the crockpot for supper and of course Aaron's obsessive shoveling and whining that he doesn't have a snow blower right now. I did make it upstairs to my creative spot and started a layout.

I have almost everything put away but once again I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF so it's not completely as organized as I'd like but my thoughts on this is to just start using what I have to get it in a more manageable size. I love sitting up there on the new stool (from Walmart) and the natural light coming in from the window is really great and I never really noticed it before. I can shut the door and the bathroom is right there unless I need a drink or a snack there's really no need to come down except for the other 5 people I live with need me immensely when I'm up there. My creative juices are flowing so well that I made this little flower embellishment even using my sewing machine.

The only thing I need is some storage shelves on the wall and some sort of inspiration board but I got some ideas in mind and want more "vintage" items (read junk) and plan on going to a flea market this weekend to get some stuff -- weather permitting, of course!

1 comment:

Keely said...

Looks really nice! I'm jealous. Must be nice to have your own hiding spot in the house now.

So what's that layout you made??? Is that a picture of you????

You better find something for me at the cool junk store this weekend. I'll make you a deal, you buy me something there and I'll buy something on my retreat! Deal?????