Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm a Junkie

I have a problem, an addiction really . . . I'm a blog junkie. I hate to admit this but I have 108 blogs that I subscribe in Google Reader. That means anytime any of those blogs update I know it and I read them ALL. I don't skim, I read. Sometimes when I'm sick or busy or gone I get behind and it's a job to get caught up but I always do. I'm embarrassed it's that many. But there are so many cool people out there. I don't discriminate against blogs I have a wide variety of scrapbooking, to crafting, to decorating, to recipes, and photography, and people who internet surf/shop to tell you about every great thing there is to buy that you can't afford, organizing, and then there are some people who I don't even know how to label I just think they are interesting. I add new ones all the time. I even *star* the posts I want to reference later but I never organize them, then I can't remember who wrote what and where I saw that idea -- someday I'll organize all that info . . . someday. Because I'm out there in the blogging world exploring everyday, I kind of know who has the "it" blog of the moment. One I want to share is someone I became aware after they were in a tragic plane crash: Stephanie Nielson writes her blog, The NieNie Dialogues. She just returned to her blog this week (her family and friends were updating since the accident).

I never read her blog before her accident but I plan on looking back through her archives she is a mom of 4 young kids and quite crafty with them and her house is full of cute ideas and she loves life before and after the plane crash. Many, many bloggers (including my sis) donated items to auction off for her to help support her and her husband in recovering through their ordeal. So now she's become one of my favorite blogs -- one I get excited when I see she's updated. One that now puts my life in a little better perspective and helps me realize how great I have it and how I need to appreciate each and every moment. Check out Stephanie here to follow her through their recovery and to see what a great person she is . . . and maybe you'll see how easy it is to become a blog junkie.

No comments: