Friday, October 3, 2008

Favorite Thing Friday

I love all things pumpkin . . . pumpkin bars, pumpkin pie (forget the crust), Pumpkin Spice Kisses (these are too good!), I just love the look of pumpkins in general, heck, my favorite color this time of year is orange!

So after eating pumpkin pancakes at IHOP a few weeks ago, I had to try to find a good pumpkin pancake recipe and I tried this one a couple weekends ago and it's really good:
2-1/2 c Pancake Mix

3 T Brown Sugar

2-1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

1 egg

1-3/4 c milk

2 T vegetable oil

2 T vinegar

1 C pumpkin (not pie filling but pure pumpkin from a can)

Mix it all together and pour 1/4 c of batter on hot oiled griddle. (I didn't have vinegar when I made mine and left it out, didn't seem to matter).

This recipe said it was 6 servings. I thought 2 pancakes per serving but it made about 18 pancakes so 3 per serving, I guess. The kids refused to eat them but don't go by them -- they only like to eat pancakes in a restaurant or the mini frozen ones out of the box from the grocery store -- YUCK! I ended up with about 8 pancakes left over and they were so good I couldn't throw them out so I decided I would try to freeze them and it worked. I let the pancakes cool, stacked them up separating each one with wax paper, and put the whole stack in a freezer Ziploc bag. Whenever I wanted to eat them (which was everyday until they were gone), I simply took 2 out, put them on a plate and heated them in the microwave for about a 60-70 seconds and they were just as good as when I made them.

Now I think I might try to make them mini size and "trick" the kids into eating them or I saw that Williams-Sonoma had these Halloween pancake molds for sale which may persuade them into eating them.

I thought $20 was kind of steep but then I saw you can change the faces of the molds around -- how cool is that?


I have to make more of these pancakes this weekend, let me know (or invite me over) if you do the same!

3 comments:

American Homemaker said...

My pumpkin pancake craving also come from eating pumpkin pancakes at IHOP :) That's why I'm checkin' out blogs for pumpkin pancake recipes LOL

www.theamericanhomemaker.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

I agree with your comment on the price of the Williams and Sanoma pancake molds, though I must tell you that I tried the ones Target sells and they SUCKED the big one and my kids became so mad that I promised to make "cool" pancake shapes. Well, I retreated and paid the price of the Williams and Sanoma and will never look back. From the moment I took them out of the box, I have LOVED, LOVED LOVED them!!!! They are super easy to use and the pancakes just slide out everytime!! I even bought a couple other sets..circus animals and princess things. I would most certainly do it again!!!!