Friday, January 8, 2010

Appreciate in 2010

Photobucket
I always pick a word for the year to focus on, and this year was no different. My word this year is to "appreciate". The big, the little, and everything in between. I think that many things are taken for granted each and every day by a lot of us. I want to be more aware of all the things I have to be thankful for. I have a great family. I have really great friends. I am fairly healthy. We are able to work on owning our own home and buy food and do a few things. I have a husband who is very supportive of me in whatever I want to do. I have a creative spirit. I like where I am in life. All of these things are small things that easily get lost in the day to day stress of life. I know other people aren't as lucky, it was just a little more than 10 years ago I really couldn't say most of these things about myself. I want to notice it more, be more aware of the little things and APPRECIATE it.
Looking at today just a few things to appreciate:
*the kids were more than happy to eat jelly sandwiches for lunch and excited to eat on the floor for a "picnic"
*Reese took a nap and I got to scrapbook with Addison
*Aaron is willing to stop at the grocery store on the way home for milk, eggs, and my diet mountain dew
*My FIL calling and saying we'd go sledding or maybe go see the eagles this weekend so we could get out of the house.

I have other big plans for the year too. That will be revealed later, I have a lot of typing to do and a lot of things to look forward to this year. I'm very excited ... hope your plans for 2010 is shaping up too.

No comments: