Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Whew! 3 pound mark!

The baby weighs approximately 3.6 lbs according to the sonogram I had this past Monday. This is quite a relief to me. Babies who weigh over 3 lbs seem to do so much better healthwise if they are born early than babies who weigh less than that. Now I know you are thinking that I have 10 weeks left so why the heck am I making a big deal out of this but this is my mentality after having 3 preemies, one of which weighed 2.6 lbs and stayed in the NICU for almost 6 weeks, struggled with so many health problems his first few months and is now working through speech and developmental delays. The last 2 OB appointments I had I was measuring "small" when the doctors used a tape measure and I was concerned. I was worried that maybe the baby had stopped growing correctly or had some major health issues preventing its weight gain but the ultrasound is saying otherwise and I am feeling otherwise -- this baby is getting big. The technician even showed me how the baby has some fat on its cheeks and I want a fat baby! I know most pregnant women don't want to have a HUGE baby but I do! I would love to have a 10 lb baby! The triplets weighed 9.13 lbs altogether so I know a 10 lb baby will fit in there although I have no idea what I will be wearing if I do grow a 10 pounder -- I'm now down to 2 pair of shorts and 2 pair of jeans that fit me but I'll worry about that if it happens.


When we were getting ready for school a few days ago, I told Caden to get his shoes on. I went out of the room to go get something and came back and he had on Aaron's shoes and socks that were laying on the floor (Aaron thinks his clothes walk to the laundry hamper because he never picks them up). Caden was so proud of himself for putting on those socks by himself -- they are a lot easier to put on than his own tight little socks.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I found you through a triplets site, and wonder if you would consider stopping by my site to offer some advice for a newly pregnant triplet mom, and if other triplet moms read your site, would you consider posting it for them to go to?

Many thanks!
Anna at Hank and Willie

http://hankandwillie.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/