Friday, July 27, 2007

Last pregnancy!

This is another one of those freakish facts that only I obsess on but today I am 21 weeks, 6 days pregnant. At this exact gestation in the triplet pregnancy was when I hospitalized for the duration of my pregnancy: 11 weeks exactly or 77 days (I delivered at 32 weeks, 6 days)! Now I wasn't really having MAJOR problems at that point just my cervix was shortening but I was doing pretty good other than having 3 babies sucking the life out of me but the doctors said "I made them nervous" since I lived more than hour from the hospital. It wasn't but 2 weeks later when preterm labor kicked in and I was more than happy that I was there to get medication right away to keep things calm. Of course, things seem to be going so much more smoother this time around and I am not foreseeing any major problems at this point of this journey. I wasn't really bothered by the whole hospitalization thing last time even for that long of time. I felt I kept a super good attitude (even if some people thought I was "depressed" but it was more like "annoyed") and I liked the hospital, the nurses and staff, and the food was really pretty good -- hell, I could hardly eat anyway with those 3 kids in there. But if that were to happen to me at this point or later in this pregnancy that would be a different story. I can't imagine being away from the kids for long periods of time although there are moments in the day when I fantasize about it (like today at preschool when all 3 of them at one time or another was a throwing major fit). It would be hard to miss out on the day-to-day things the kids do and I would miss them terribly. So I am happy to report that I am feeling good and don't think I will be hospitalized any time soon. Oh yeah, and those of you who are keeping track (and I know most of you are) my belly button is now half way out: the top part is an outie and the bottom part is an innie -- how does that happen??????

No comments: