Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I'm still here but I have ZERO time for much of anything! Ugghhh! Here's what's going on:
1. Reese has had some dr appointments this week. She went to a speech therapist last week. She was born with a palsy on her mouth. Basically it is some nerve damage on her left lower lip. It doesn't seem to bother her or affect eating or speech but our doc thought it would be good for it to be looked at. So they recommended some therapy a couple times a week because I didn't realize it but she's not eating on that side of her mouth but she can move that part of her lip some so the thought is if we work with her she may get more movement. 2 times a week is not going to work because I can't take the other kids so we went once, they showed me some stuff to do with her and we will continue in August or September when the older kids go back to preschool.
2. Reese also went to a GI specialist yesterday because she is not gaining weight. So now for the next 3 days I have to keep track of everything she eats so a nutritionist can check out her calorie intake. Today she is refusing all milk. Oh joy!
3. Swimming is big here lately! At Grammy's, at the Y, in the backyard . . . they love it and it's so hot who can blame them.
4. I had to go buy new shorts the other day. I bought some new ones last summer when I still breastfeeding and now 10 pounds later only 2 pair fit me. So I found some skirts at Goodwill and some shorts at JcPenney's along with a couple shirts. I came home and with 7 items and cleaned out my closet and got rid of 9 things and reorganized all my clothes in the closet. I kept all the shorts from last summer just in case I can lose those 10 pounds.
5. I scrapbooked quite a bit (for me) this last weekend. I made some cards and father's day gifts. I wish I could do it more regularly. I was thinking of signing up for an online class. Do I have time . . . would it make me do it? I don't know. It starts tomorrow, I guess I need to make up my mind.
6. In the last week I've had 2 triplet moms call me. One has 4 month old triplets. I finally called her back today. She had some questions that I don't think I answered very well. But I got her email address and maybe we can keep in touch that way. She was really nice. The other mom is newly pregnant and I need to call her back. I don't have a good memory so I don't know how much help I can be but I do remember being in both their positions and feeling so alone. I'm glad to help them out anyway I can.
7. Potty training with Ethan is still plugging along. He does well at home but never tells us he has to go. He has never pooped in the potty since we started this time. I don't know what to do. I thought we'd be further than this in a month. Naked from the waist down is an idea to try but I think he'll just go where ever, whenever and never even tell me.
8. Today I am thinking so much about tummy tucks. My sister gave me a People magazine yesterday that had Kate Gosselin in a bikini along with some details of her tummy tuck. Man, she looks good! Her stomach was super flat. I am so jealous of that. I'm not mentioning that her marriage is in shambles and her future is uncertain, but I love her stomach! If I find an extra $10,000 laying around that's what I'm spending it on:
9. Aaron and I "celebrated" eight years of marriage yesterday with chicken salad sandwiches, potato chips, and me falling asleep at 10 pm in bed with Addison (she couldn't sleep because she had a nightmare about a kitten?????) We had planned to go out to eat but we had no babysitter and the night before we took the kids out for pizza after swimming lessons and they were so obnoxious that Aaron made the announcement that we were never taking them out to eat again! The kids and I were gone all day on that doctor's appointment and it was too hot to cook and Aaron worked late! What a romantic celebration!
Posted by Runaway Farm at 3:11 PM