Good Golly, summer may be the death of me! Monday we did the following:
- doctor appoint for Addison and Reese
- ran a couple errands to return something and drop off clothes to Good Will
- went to the Dollar Store for batteries where I chased after Ethan no fewer than 3 times and seriously lost him once almost to panic mode
- play at a park
- got lunch, ate outside in the backyard
- baby took a nap, older kids had quiet time while I cleaned for the cleaning lady and did laundry
- played an opposite card game
- got ready for swimming lessons
- swimming lessons which one kid was super excited for (Addison), one kid didn't want to go (Caden), and one kid had no clue about it (Ethan)
- dropped off Reese at Y's daycare and watched swimming lessons
- dressed 3 wet kids after swimming lessons by myself because my husband conveniently disappeared when it was done, which was proceeded by a classic Jon & Kate moment in the hallway at the Y
- picked up dinner in drive-through
- more cleaning for the cleaning lady!
- I got up at 6am, showered, dressed, prepared "breakfast to go" in the car, cleaned more for the cleaning lady
- Got kids up and dressed left house at 8am to go to Y
- Pilate's at 8:30, Pilate's is hard, I can't even do some of the exercises
- Walked 2 miles on the treadmill
- Went to the library, checked out books and signed up for the summer reading program
- Ate lunch at home
- Colored upstairs together
while Ethan read an entire Wiggles book to himself (out loud)
- Reese napped, quiet time for older kids while watching a movie, I blog surfed and tried to price yard sale stuff
- Passed out one million snacks -- I am going to have to stock up on food for these kids, they are so hungry!
- played outside on trikes, scooters, and "bounced" as Ethan calls it
- made towers with blocks
- walked/rode tricks to post office
- fixed dinner and made brownies for desert
Aaron did baths and now I think I may collapse in bed, too tired to do anything else. Wow! They need to be busy! I am not letting them watch much TV, some in early morning before 9 am but most days we have left the house way before that. They get one movie during quiet time, we're taking turns on who picks, then about 3:30/4:00 I let the TV come back on. Otherwise they would watch TV all day long. This week we aren't in our regular schedule -- that will be next week. Tomorrow they are going to Grammy's for most of the day so I have the morning to myself -- need to do a million and one things that I haven't done this week yet including get things priced for Keely's yard sale this Saturday. In the afternoon I have conferences with the kids' preschool teachers.
I am exhausted, so now I'm off to bed! Please tell me I'll get used to this!