Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weendend RECHARGE!

I know I've been a REALLY bad blogger the last couple weeks . . . there just isn't enough time in the day to get to everything I want to . . . same sob story I always have and it's a whole other post, right?

This weekend Keely and I celebrated my birthday late . . . her fam came down and the guys agreed to stay with the kids and Friday we went to Scrapaganza. She had a credit from the last garage sale and it was burning a hole in her pocket and she wanted to check out their new store. I can't believe she found anything to buy because I swear she owns about everything but somehow she found some stuff, of course, I try to keep on my scrapbooking diet but somehow I fall off the wagon every time. My friend, Candi, was back in town and we tried to sign up for their crop but it was full . . . we still got to see Candi and her new baby, Piper. We also went to Joann's and Target and to Red Robin for dinner. Neither one of us had ever been . . . we had them awesome bottomless strawberry lemonade and blueberry pomegranate drinks. I drank 3 they were so good! {It says a lot about my less than exciting life when one of the highlights of my year so far is a nonalcoholic fruit drink, huh?} I liked my meal too. I'll be going back but it's not a kid place, at least for my kids anyway. We got home at 11pm. We didn't do much after that. I thought I wanted to scrapbook but didn't really happen.

Today we went to the the Country Fair Mall in Coal Valley. I went there back in January and this was Keely's first time. It's an awesome place where you could easily spend an entire day and still not see everything. We had a time frame so we only made it into 2 of the 3 buildings. But we made some awesome finds.

I got a big box of ric rac and bias tape for scrapbooking and other crafts. Two cute vintage aprons that I will wear (I'm not into having stuff just to have it, if I have it, I'm using it).

Refrigerator dishes -- I've been wanting a set of these for a couple years. I'm using them for leftovers and ditching most of the stupid "gladware" stuff that we can never find a lid for. Bonus that I found a matching mixing bowl too.

This cute doll bed came with the quilt for $13. It is adorable. I might repaint it -- at one time I can see where it was pink. I just have to convince Reese it's for baby dolls and not her.

I wish I could have bought this pink hutch and all the pink stuff in it. Isn't it cute? If I had a scrapbook room . . . is what I kept thinking and saying. This room was so fun because everything was 40s/50s/60s and organized by color and it just made everything look so fun and cute. That metal cart in front of the hutch is pink too!

And what I set out to buy today was a table for my sewing machine. When I moved my scrapbook stuff upstairs, I wanted my sewing machine accessible all the time so I would use it more. I orginially put it on a phone table which was probably about 12 inches by 12 inches barely big enough for the sewing machine, not to mention it was way too short to be comfortable to work at. Recently since I'm making quilts I put my machine on a card table of course too big in the bedroom. But I found this today. It has leaves on each side that go up to make it bigger and a long drawer. I think I'll paint it some fun color but I'll have to decide what color I want. It's a great size and very sturdy. The best part it was $30.

We still had time for some pizza lunch. We would have had more time but Miss Safe Driver got a speeding ticket. I never speed but I do forget about being in town and got ticketed for going 45 in a 30 mph -- oops. I was lucky with just one ticket because my drivers license had expired on my birthday but the officer was nice and just warned me about that. I couldn't find a current insurance card for a while but it turned up. I'm not mad, I was speeding and I could have gotten 2 tickets, I was in the wrong. I haven't had one for a long time since way before we were married . . . need to remember to slow down in town. I never even seen him . . . Keely did after he already clocked me, guess where he was . . . right in front of the police station, who would have thought there'd be police at the police station!

I feel so recharged just getting away for an evening and part of the day, having a couple meals without kids and spending time with my sis. We asked Monica to come along too but her hubby was out of town for the weekend so it didn't work out. Too bad it would have been more fun with her too. I am ready for a week of fun, creativity, and productivity . . . seriously . . . I've been feeling kind of "down" lately and mainly I think I need spring more than anything along with some sunlight but having "me" time is something I haven't had in a long time . . . it's hard to manage that with all the kids and so little time where we can be together as a family but it really is a necessity.

I hope you're having a great weekend and getting some recharging time in too!

1 comment:

Penny Smith said...

I have that same cart in yellow... there is some rusting on the top shelf-but I just cover it with a placemat... I got it at a garage sale for $1... and I saw this one at the junk store, and wanted to buy it... wasn't sure for me or Candi! :)

Looks like you had fun! Sorry about the ticket!

The table for the sewing machine-GREAT find!!