Thursday, November 13, 2008

We're getting Physical!

We finally started going to the YMCA this week. I know we joined eons ago and have been paying our monthly membership without going . . . smart, huh? But right after we joined I got sick then the girls had pink eye, then we were in birthday party mode . . . excuses, excuses. Baby steps for me.

I like doing it so far. We've been twice this week. I'm doing a little bit the nautilus machines then walking a lot on the treadmill. I've never been on a treadmill before . . . geesh, I'm such a hermit. I would like to try some of the other machines in the treadmill room too some look like low bikes and other things look like you're standing while biking. I don't even know what they are called, let alone how to do them but I'll venture out soon. Each time I've done the treadmill I really push myself, today I "walked" over 2 miles in about 1/2 hour. I think after the new year I will try running but I need more practice. I almost fell off the first day, then today I leaned on some bar on a nautilus machine and almost fell on the floor. Can't tell I'm new! We are going to take the kids in the pool too maybe next week when they have open swim. They are excited. We're just not too sure if we can handle all of them in there at once. I think they will be taking swimming lessons after the new year too.


I wasn't too sore after the first workout, which to me meant I need to do more. I actually like being sore, not sure why but maybe makes me feel like I'm making progress. The kids like going to the daycare room too. Aaron and I are going to try to go together once or twice a week. Then I hope to get there once with Reese and hopefully on the weekend at a least a couple times, a month we can get the kids into the pool.

I'm hoping the exercise will help improve my mood. I've been down the last week or two. The time change isn't working for us. We've been late getting ready for school and we were really late one day this week. It's not because we aren't getting up either. We are usually all up by 7 am. The kids don't want to get dressed or eat, just play. I hate coats and gloves and hats times 4; half the time I don't even have time to put on my coat. The kids are beyond wild from about 6 until 8. I mean out of control: running, screaming, playing football, wrestling. The witching hour has switched and is now longer. I'm so not in the mood for that after a long day. I told Aaron next year we're not switching our clocks, everyone else will just have to deal if we're early or late. I've had NO TIME to do anything fun, creative, or get away. Yesterday, I decided I didn't care how messy our house was or how many millions of things I should be doing, I stopped and made a scrapbook page. It needs one finishing touch and I'm posting it tomorrow. Saturday, Aaron's mom is watching the older kids and we're taking Reese to get our flu shots, Christmas shop, and go out to eat. It's almost like being childless, she's pretty easy going. I'm so excited to do something fun and get away for a few hours.

1 comment:

Candi Ladwig said...

I can't believe how big she is!!! Still cute as can be :) I miss having her at club!! (and you of course!!)