Monday, February 1, 2010

Progress

Here's where I am on my 40 Things List:

13. Eat healthier we have definitely ate out less this month -- doing our no spend month (#20) has helped a lot. I've been eating a lot more healthy side salads with my meals too. I have a long ways to go on this.

15. Do some random acts of kindness three special packages go out tomorrow to three special people
Photobucket
16. Do monthly date nights with Aaron we had our first date on Saturday. Ashley & Steve watched the kids for us and we went out for drinks, dinner, and a little clothes shopping for me.
Photobucket
18. Organize our basement we have started, the plan was to work 15-30 minutes every night in the basement after the kids went to bed, so far we only done 2 nights, need to get going on this and it would easily be done in a month.

19. Open an Etsy store Yes! I've sold a few things too. I need to get more stuff in my shop but it's a little hard to find chunks of time to sew but I'm pleased with what I've done so far.
Photobucket

20. No Spend Month January was our no-spend month. It definitely didn't turn out as planned but I think it was very revealing. I'll save all that info for another post.

21. Go to the Dentist I went to the dentist in November and figured out I hadn't been in 9 years -- how sad is that. For the most part, the dentist said my teeth were in really good shape for not going that long and look Mom, no cavities. However, I had the beginning of gum disease which requires extensive cleaning in stages. My first cleaning was today and I have another in a couple weeks.

22. Finish my picture of the day album for 2009 I ordered more of my photos but there's some "lost" because of my computer crashing. Not sure how to handle that ...

23. Read a whole book I am reading an adult book but it's for #38, I want to read a whole book more for fun than information

26. Organize my recipes This is started but there's a lot more to do.

31. Do $1 week food drive Doing it, going to explain this in a later post to see if I can get others to join in.

36. Make a scrapbook about me I signed up for a Big Picture Scrapbooking Class with Lisa Day. It's started but I have a long ways to go.
Photobucket
This will be an ongoing project ....


38. Become debt free (except house and 1 car payment) I'm reading Keely's copy of the The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
Photobucket
This is totally doable for us ....


I think it's a good start on my list!