Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend in Review

Wow what a nice weekend. I wish I had ESP and knew that it was going to be 70 degree weather, we could have had the kids' birthday party outside now instead of in May. Usually it's freezing and windy and/or rainy and snowing this time of year in Illinois.
Photobucket
Aaron spent the majority of the weekend raking up the backyard leaves.
Photobucket
The kids had a blast one last time jumping in the piles.

Grammy had the older kids over to her house for a birthday slumber party. They had fun and came home with treats and new pjs and slippers. They were tired tonight. They went to bed at 8 and not one peep from anybody. I think they were asleep in two minutes. Aaron, Reese and I went to the Quad Cities while the big kids were away and did a little Christmas shopping and went out to eat.
Photobucket
The kids spent lots of time outside today and even were able to play in the sandbox.

This lovely garage
Photobucket
has been a source of HUGE contention this weekend (and for sometime now). But my MIL, Patti, always says she and Ronn almost got divorced one time over installing Z-brick. I know exactly what she's talking about. Without getting into details, I normally don't get too upset about many things but it's a good thing lawyers don't work weekends or I may have made a call due to this garage. Hopefully things smooth over this week.

I went to the grocery store tonight and come back and Addison announces that she has a loose tooth.
Photobucket
What? She's right. She swears she didn't bump her mouth or fall down {however she is about the clumsiest person in the entire world} so we'll see if it stays loose or what.

Here's the beginning of my project for the week.
Photobucket
I've had my dining room paint for 2 years now so it's time to use it. I thought tonight I could tear down the wallpaper border with no problem. Not so easy. I need some remover. Vinegar and warm water work but I have no vinegar so it will wait until morning. I hate wallpaper and this is the only wallpaper I have in my house and there will be no more. And yes, I did put it up about 7 or 8 years ago. What was I thinking?

I hope your weekend was nice {minus the part of divorce lawyers}.

No comments: