Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Project and Another Project

So I started painting the dining room yesterday. I don't do things by the rules {I'm such a rebel that way}. I never tape off -- too time consuming. I didn't even take the entire wallpaper border down just part because to me the exciting part of painting is seeing the paint on the wall. Actually I didn't even take anything off the walls like shelves or photos or even the curtains, doing that as I go too. It's a little messy and chaotic but it's always a little messy and chaotic here, we know no different. So the first color that was selected, 2 years ago in my 9th month of pregnancy was a light aqua blue which I thought would go nicely with the chocolate brown. The paint went on and I was not impressed. I let it dry, not any better, I painted an adjacent wall so I could see the paint against itself, still didn't like it.
Photobucket
It's hard to tell with my poor lighting but it like an ice blue, almost white and both Aaron and I hate white walls. Aaron came home and I said what do you think, "I hate it" and since I did too. I went alone to pick out a deeper more vibrant color rather. I came home with Kingstons Aqua.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Much better. It's really bright but I love color.

Next up is Addison's tooth. After school yesterday it was so loose I couldn't believe it. It's the real deal. I had always planned on making something special for teeth for the tooth fairy. I've only had 5 years but not even started. So I searched etsy and free tutorials. I used this idea with some inspiration from etsy.
Photobucket
This is the front.
Photobucket
Here's the back. It has a pocket for the tooth and some cash or prize from the tooth fairy.
I like how it turned out. 1 down, 3 more to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the paint and I can't believe Addison has a loose tooth already! But she is 5 know! :)

Ashley

Candi Ladwig said...

I love the pillow!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cute!! ...and just in time :)

Penny Smith said...

Oh my goodness that is a cute pillow!
We just stuff a dollar under the pillow.
I am inferior. :)