Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's 2 more?

Okay, I'm over the negative mom thing and was annoyed thinking about my last blog post and since I doubt I will have much time to update in the next few days I'd better get something up. So after I complaining about my 58 kids (or so it seems) I offered to watch my 2 nephews for 3+ days. They are 4 and 2 so they fit right in. Actually they are really good and I don't notice an extra work load because what's 2 more when you 58 kids, right? My sister, Keely, is working at a scrapbooking expo near Chicago and her hubby has to work so I offered. She's watched my kids a thousand times including for 5 days when Reesey was born. I owe her big time and since she's my scrapbook dealer, much like a drug dealer as she likes keeping my addiction going of owning thousands of scrapbooking products when I'm lucky to spend a few seconds thinking about scrapbooking never mind that I hardly have time to actually do any. But I'd do it anyway, even if she wasn't my scrapbook dealer. I have to admit I am a tad bit jealous even though she's working she got a long truck ride with adult conversation and to sleep in a hotel room for a few night kidless and even though it's work, she's surrounded by scrapbooking products -- lucky her! But we're having fun here. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can play outside and I can tire them out with the slip and slide and trips to the park and maybe another tea party. Tomorrow night we are having homemade pizza and salsa. Coincidentally my husband plans to work during the day on Saturday and made plans to leave Saturday night, but he swears I told him Keely was coming on Saturday not Sunday . . . it's probably all for the better. It just took a little over 2 hours to get them to go to sleep and there's strict instructions if you wake up and others are sleeping do not wake any of the other 5 people up -- yep I have all 6 in one room. I will have to really wear them down tomorrow and Saturday! And I'm hoping they all sleep through the night and sleep late in the morning -- that's not asking much from 58 + 2 kids, is it?

No comments: