Sunday, August 30, 2009

Farmer's Market

Photobucket

We finally made it to the farmer's market on Saturday. I've been wanting to go all summer but it never works out. We went to the one at the Freight House in Davenport (as recommended by my friend, Penny). It was so neat and fun. Lots of yummy produce but people were selling food to eat right then and there although we didn't buy anything I saw lots of stuff I wanted to eat. Lots of cool handmade merchandise . . . some lady made birdbaths and garden statues out of cement that were decorated with marble like stones, she had a giant lizard that was so neat. I saw a birdhouse made out of a real cowboy boot too. The kids got balloon hats and animals and dog watching was a hit for Ethan and Reese, millions of dogs of all shapes and sizes. I bought some tomatoes and banana peppers and a melon. I really wanted to buy homemade flavored pasta mainly because I saw the people all clustered around that booth, I waited for a while but the kids are not patient so next time I will get some. The kids played at the artsy park but that was busy and we got to climb on a real fire truck made in our home town (of course, where else?) The kids complained about going but I think in the end they liked it and Aaron seemed to really like it too, next time we'll eat there too.

2 comments:

Penny Smith said...

YAY! You got to play on the weird slide! LOL!

It is really yummy to eat there... too tempting!

Glad you had fun!

Candi Ladwig said...

hey, what is the collage you used for this picture? I love all the different spaces :)