Monday, March 12, 2007

Oh the dreaded time change!


My kids have never been without sooooooooooo much sleep in their lives! I am a stickler about naps and bedtime and believe that all kids need lots of sleep so they do not turn into the devil! They all have been waking up earlier and earlier sometimes like 6am. Now I know with triplets I'm not going to get to "sleep in" until 10 am or anything but I like to get up get a shower and get dressed ALONE without 3 monkeys jumping on my bed and pointing at my body parts asking "what that, what that?". Friday night Caden, who most nights wakes up and cries until we put him in our bed (I know -- what are we thinking), decided to stay awake from 1:30 am until morning! That's right I don't think he ever went back to sleep although I finally crashed at 4:30 and by the way there is NOTHING on TV that a 2 year old likes at 2 am! Caden also likes to get up go downstairs by himself get his Animal crackers and come upstairs and wake the other 2 up which makes me and them super mad. We were planning on shopping Saturday morning and went but they were kind of grouchy. They did well at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant though. They fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept about 1-1/2 hours but our naps are usually at least 3. We tried to get them to lie down when we got home with no success. Then we had friends over and we let them stay up 1-1/2 hours passed their regualar bedtime. I was thinking with the time change they would be super tired and sleep well -- WRONG! They all woke up twice in the middle of the night and got up even earlier than normal. We had to go to a family dinner on Sunday during their regular naptime and they were tired before we left. Caden was asleep about 2 seconds after being in the car. We didn't stay long and got home at 4 and they were all fast asleep in the car. We tried to lay them back down. It took them about an hour to go back to sleep. At 6pm I thought we better get them up. They wouldn't wake up -- this has NEVER happened even after carrying them downstairs It took them like 45 minutes to wake up and then we were sorry we did! What grouches!!!!!!! Everything and anything made them mad and upset. We put them back to bed at 7:30 and never heard a peep. They sleep about 12-1/2 hours and never woke up once. I love it when I don't have to be kicked 500 times at night by a 2 year old Aaron said last night "We are not missing naps anymore for anything!" and I agree. Hopefully we are back on track this week!

No comments: