Friday, March 16, 2007

It's a BAAAADDDDD sign . . .

when I go upstairs during naptime and can smell POOP outside of a closed door. The kids had been in bed about 1-1/2 hours and they had not slept yet . . . this is not uncommon if they sleep for even 2 minutes in the car earlier in the day and we had gone to open gym before lunch and they all fell asleep on the way home. At times it sounded as though they were moving the furniture around and come to find out step stool by Addison's crib had been turned up-side-down somehow. I step into the horrible smelling room and Caden looks at me and says "OH NO" and his hands are covered in poop and so is a lot of his white crib rails. His diaper and onsie were still on. He had been "finger painting" for a while cause it didn't come off easily at all! He had even succeeded at grouting the poop into the screw holes in the crib. He needed new diaper, new sheet, new clothes. Ethan is all the while making this throaty noise of disgust that he does when anyone poops and Addison is screaming alternately "Get out?" and "I poop" She didn't poop and I was no where near ready for them to get out! Caden was trying to be so sweet while I'm cleaning him up and softly saying "Mama? Mama?" The funniest thing was the radio was playing the song "Take this Job and Shove It". It really was too funny! I almost got the camera out to take photos but then I thought ~ TMI!
Thank God for baby wipes!!!!

1 comment:

Erickson 5 said...

I fear this! I hope to God this never happens to me. I am knocking on wood now!
Nicole