Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tomorrow

It was a long day.  I was woke up at 4:45 am by my husband, who after he went to the bathroom and drank loudly from a water bottle said, "I'm wide awake", then he promptly crawled back in bed and fell asleep in about 2 minutes.  Then  I was wide awake.  Both sisters and families spent the night and I didn't want to get up too early so I watched TV in bed until 6 then started my day.  My day involved: a Memorial Day Parade with complaining kids about being hot and thirsty, craziness at Lowe's while trying to decide what flooring we will be using that included a child knocking over a cart onto himself and spilling a shake, leaving Galesburg with no groceries because we were too mad to take them into another store, lots of yelling at home about what the heck we are doing with that house and at children who are not helping matters when we are trying to talk, painting around windows, power washing the porch, and cutting tile for the laundry room (that would be all stuff at the OLD house not the new).  In all the commotion and yelling and discussing what did we figure out: we don't know what we are doing.  No plan .... I don't work without a plan ... it drives me crazy.  It stresses me out and makes me feel overwhelmed.   After the kids were in bed at 9:15, I had to go buy groceries.  I had to weigh it out:  going to the grocery store at night when I'm tired or taking 4 kids there tomorrow.  I think I made the right choice.

So we in trying to do something "right" today, I read bedtime stories (on our summer list).  I'll admit I don't normally do it because by the time bedtime rolls around I am D.O.N.E. with kids, not the right attitude at all.  In Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse  it was right there: 
"Today was a difficult day;
tomorrow will be better."

That sums it up doesn't it?  It will all work out, we'll figure out what flooring to get and how to pay for it.   I'll decide if I am stripping the stairway railing and steps, we'll get out current house ready and it will sell.  We'll come up with a plan when Aaron isn't completely exhausted from working these long hours and someday soon I'll get a few hours to myself where I can think clearly without people talking non stop.  I'm off to bed .... tomorrow is almost here.

No comments: