Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Hard Lesson

So Tuesday I came home and could hear this weird clicking sound coming from the computer cabinet -- didn't sound good and the screen was frozen, happens sometimes. When I restarted it was not a good sign with lots of clicking and a very primative black screen saying "primary drive 0 not found". I know little about computers but even my basic knowledge was telling me that means "I'm done". I tried not to think about it. I thought maybe if I gave it time then retried over the next few days to restart it, it would magically work. I retried and retried. Same old, same old. Keely and I made plans to go shopping on Friday at the antique store so after she helped me buy a new laptop.
Photobucket
I'm trying to figure it out. It's not that much different but yet it is. I'm trying not to think about what photos may be lost on old computer. Monica got me that external hard drive and I did put my photos on it but not recently. I haven't yet checked but I'm thinking that I haven't done any back ups for at least 3 months even though every single day for the last 2 weeks I meant to do it. Lesson in it for all of us. I am going to take my computer somewhere and see what's up and maybe see if it's a simple fix or at the very least try to retrieve my photos (cross your fingers for me). And I think I am email addressless. So if you want me to email you I think you need to email me . . . or maybe that statement just shows you how non computer savy I really am.

No comments: