Friday, February 22, 2008

It's been a {productive} week!

Wow! I haven't blogged in a week again! We've been busy although because of this never ending winter we haven't left the house for a whole week until today. Aaron is working a temporary plumbing job at a nuclear power plant (safe, huh?) in Cordova. He's done it before and it pays well but he only works (along with several hundred other plumbers and pipefitters) while it is shut down like a maintenance thing I guess. He started 3 weeks ago and this week he went to 2nd shift which I am liking because I am accomplishing so much during the kids' naps and after they go to bed. Since he is home in the morning I hardly have time to get on the computer which explains my lack of blogging.

Lately I am concentrating on what I am getting done instead of what still needs to be done . . . seems to help me a ton!

In my quest to simplify I am in the process of decluttering my kitchen. I have to do it sections (about 6 to be exact) because I don't have the time or the attention span to do it all at once. I am getting rid of a lot and reorganizing so much. I have new-found cabinet space. I hope this project will spill over into other rooms and areas of my life. It's hard to appreciate these photos unless you have been to my house in the last year but I'm sure my sis, Keely, can attest to the fact that this is major improvement as normally every surface in my kitchen is cluttered and unclean -- should have take "before" photos too.




I have made 3 scrapbook layouts this week. At 10pm I quit doing "work" no matter how bad the house still looks and scrap until Aaron gets home around midnight. My goal was one layout a night and I'm behind one but oh well . . . (click on photos to see them larger) . . . Cowgirl one is my fav!



Even had time to work on a project for Reese's "room" (aka the corner of our bedroom) that we started before she was born. I have a little more to do but will be sure to share these later.

I'm so glad that American Idol has begun the regular competition (I hate that beginning audition stuff . . . too drawn out!). I am digging Michael and Daniel so far! Here' s how Addison decided we would participate with the show:

Too bad you can't see me singing into a broom . . . Ethan didn't want to participate in this band . . . maybe he didn't feel he had the right attire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLLY! That's all I have to say. That is a huge difference. I can't believe all you've gotten rid of! It looks great!

-Keely