Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm gonna miss this!

My house is a wreck! I got really behind when I was pregnant with cleaning. Now it seems I'll never get caught up. I knew it was bad but when Keely and her boys came to stay it seemed to really JUMP out at me. Plus Jeffrey is crawling so he is everywhere and stirring up the giant dust bunnies on the floor and continually picking up stuff to put in his mouth. I never really checked but Keely probably had to throw away the clothes he wore here because I imagine his knees were black by the end of the day. I was super embarrassed after all how hard is it to clean especially when the kids still go down for a daily nap and go to bed at 8:30? I feel so behind so I vowed the second she left I would begin scrubbing and cleaning like mad. One and half days later have I started? Of course not! I am way too hard on myself . . . I can't do it all . . . I can't even do half! My sister, Monica, read my "Blah . . . Butch . . . Birthday" entry the other day and asked me if I had heard the song, "You're Gonna Miss This". She told me I just needed to stop and enjoy the now because it's going to be gone soon. I had heard it on the radio a couple times and she was right I need to enjoy the moment. Then when Keely, Aaron, and I took all 6 kids in McDonald's the other day, my neighbor Marilyn was there. I don't exactly remembered what I said to her but I'm sure I was complaining about the craziness of the moment and she said "someday you'll wish you had all this back." Then I promised Addison we could make a cake today and Ethan decided he wanted to help and then Caden came in the kitchen too. I couldn't even get to the counter; I was getting annoyed and frustrated. Then that exact song Monica told me about came on the radio. What a wake up call! I need to ease up on myself and enjoy the moment instead of focusing on what needs to get done -- who cares! Here's the portion of the song that gave me the wake up call! Thanks, Monica!


"You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins
Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
She keeps apologizin'
He says "They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23.
Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"

No comments: