Sunday, November 25, 2007

Getting closer . . .

Look what we bought yesterday. A new ornament for our tree with a place for the baby -- we're close . . . any day now. I'm now past 39 weeks pregnant! Still feeling good most days. Mornings are hardest as I seem to contract a lot then and have backaches but that's probably from hardly moving all night long. Once I get up I usually feel better but it can be difficult to find the motivation to do that although three 3 year olds "motivate" in their own way! We actually made our second trip to Labor & Deliver on Friday night. The baby just didn't seem to move around much that day. I had been really tired and took a 2 hour nap and then had my scrapbook class which I wasn't feeling like going to but once I got there I got more into it and had fun. I left around 7:30 and figured once I ate some food the baby would kick into gear but it didn't. So after we put the kids to bed and I tried more juice and sat down there wasn't much going on. We called Aaron's mom and we headed to the hospital. They only had to put one side of the elastic belts on and the baby started to do somersaults. But better be safe than sorry . . . I would have worried all night if we hadn't gone. There were 3 babies in the nursery -- 2 girls and a boy and those girls had LOTS of dark hair. If we have a girl besides the healthy part I hope she has a ton of hair!

We went to the Quad Cities Festival of Trees yesterday. It was the first time we have ever gone and sort of our last "family time outing" before the baby arrives. We weren't super impressed. It wasn't very crowded since it had been going on for a couple weeks already and people were probably shopping. It's hard for the kids to see in the wagon but it's also hard to let them out and walk too. We tried to see Santa but Caden didn't want anything to do with him again this year and Addison sat on his lap for a second before she was unsure of him. Plus Santa was a little grouchy. He was getting ready to go to lunch so he must have just been hungry. The kids liked the snowball people, the train, and the HUGE stuffed animal tree. It will probably be better next year because I would think they could walk and there was a kids' craft part that they could have done but they aren't quite ready for that part yet this year so maybe we'll try again.




Can you find Caden in the above photo? Look to the right.
Probably one of the highlights of the day was when we went to McDonald's. We went to one we hadn't been to before and they had a kids' part with fun chairs and a movie playing. The kids sat at their own table. They enjoyed that and the cool chairs. I prefer this type of situation to the indoor playground things. We have NEVER taken them to any of those types of restaurants and I don't plan on ever doing that -- all I can think of is all those germs!

No comments: