Friday, October 12, 2007

Delivery Day!

Today I am 32 weeks 6 days pregnant and it's the same day in the pregnancy that the triplets were born. I feel like any extra days are just a gift even though you can't even compare the 2 pregnancies at all. This time is so different and so much more enjoyable overall. I love being able to feel this baby move, with the trio I really didn't feel them much partly because I was on magnesium sulfate for 9 weeks and made me feel numb and partly because they were so jammed packed in there that they couldn't move too much. I dug up some the first photos we have of the kids on the day they were born. They aren't pretty pictures like most parents have of the their children's first hours of life. The photos seem to be more about the equipment than the babies. It's hard even now 3 years later to see these sometimes as it brings back all those memories of a really hard and scary time. We didn't know what was going to happen and Aaron and I took turns falling apart -- at least we both didn't do it at the same time. I can't believe we made copies of these photos and proudly handed them out to people to show others like my co-workers at school, our friends, family, etc. Looking back on these now they are shocking and scary! Still when I see them I think of how far the kids have come and how lucky were are even with some of the issues we have had especially with Ethan. So here's to holding on another 6 or 7 weeks in this pregnancy so I can have super cute photos of this baby (equipment free!) to pass around to everyone!

Addison weighed 3.8. She looks pretty good here- it was only a matter of a day before her lungs collasped and she had to have chest tubes and be put on the vent.
Ethan weighed 2.6 and was the reason the doctors delivered me. In this first photo, he looks REALLY GOOD! The photos we have for the next few weeks continue to get more horrific. We have some where you can barely even tell there is a baby mixed in with the all the equipment. He isn't even on the vent here yet just the C-PAP. He ended up being on a vent to breathe for him for 12 long days!
Our big boy, Caden, weighed 3.15. We got to hold him 2 days after he was born. He didn't really have any issues medically. He was home within 12 days.

No comments: