Tuesday, May 29, 2007

MIA . . . but I have a REALLY good excuse

Okay, I know I am sucking at keeping up this blog. I've even had people e-mail me because I haven't updated for such a long time. Who knows what some of you were thinking . . . lazy . . . depressed . . . really busy . . . forgot I was doing a blog . . . the triplets finally killed me . . . really all of them are good guesses especially if you know me in real life. Well here's my main reason:




Yep, we're pregnant!!!!

To answer all the questions that I know EVERYONE will ask:

1. There's one baby . . . look at the sonogram do you see more than one?
2. We were hoping for a 4th child (not 4th and 5th or 4th, 5th, and 6th).
3. No, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl and we won't be finding out. I want a REAL SURPRISE.
4. We don't care which sex it is either; first, we have 3 of most everything and clothes for either a boy or a girl and second, all we really care about is a TAKE-HOME BABY. I don't want any NICU time for this one and am hoping for as normal of a pregnancy as possible for a 36-year-old mom.
5. I'm due December 2nd and am a little over 13 weeks along currently. The triplets will be 3 years old when the baby arrives.
6. We really don't have room for another child in this house but babies are small; it's all the stuff that goes along with them that takes up so much room. We are planning on moving in the next year or two or so; but we have some more work to do on this house before we can do that. The baby will be sleeping in our room in the beginning and later moving in the triplet bedroom (good thing we have large bedrooms here, huh?)
7. I am feeling pretty good. I have been SUPER EXHAUSTED at times but for the most part I don't feel sick (unlike with the triplets). Aaron has not been the most understanding husband/daddy in the world during these past weeks; he really has had to help a lot more and he already helps a lot normally. He kept saying "I don't remember you being this tired with the triplets!" Well, that is because he only had to worry about himself and not take care of other children at that time. I was a lot more tired than this last time but like I said it is getting better. I can actually stay up past 8:30 sometimes now and don't feel the need to take a nap EVERYDAY anymore.
8. Aaron has threatened to divorce me about 5,000 times so far during this pregnancy. In his defense, I am one GROUCHY PREGNANT WOMAN and he did this to me so I tend to take this out on him. I keep telling him he can be this grouchy when he has another person living inside of him sucking the life out of him. He also threatened divorce if we were having multiples again, of course, he is kidding but the whole thought of it was a little overwhelming in the beginning until we knew there was one baby.
9. I think I am already showing which seems unbelievable cause I have only gained 2 pounds and the baby is only about 2-1/2 inches long. I had to start wearing maternity clothes about 3 weeks ago -- I just couldn't fit into any of my regular clothes. And boy is that hard when you haven't told people you are pregnant. I think since I had the triplets my stomach is like that memory foam they use in mattresses and pillows. I have ZERO stomach muscles to hold anything in so anytime there is some shifting in that area it just pops out (. . . maybe TMI . . . sorry).
10. Yes, we are excited and very happy!

Okay that's all the big news for now . . . I will hopefully be a little more motivated now that I am less tired and can update this blog more often.

1 comment:

Keely said...

What great news! We're so excited.

I love the term "take-home baby".

Jeffrey is really hoping for a boy so he has someone to play with. See what you can do about that!