Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back on the Patch

Another round of eye doctor appointments a few weeks ago,  our new doctor determined that one of Addison's eye's was becoming weaker so he wants her to wear an eye patch 4 hours a day, for the next 2-1/2 months. We've been through patching before. Ethan's done it several times ... used to be to use a sticky (like a band-aid patch). They're hard to keep on and sweaty and hurt to be pulled off just like a real band-aid. Last time we got a patch for Ethan to wear on his actual glasses. It's so much easier and doesn't really bug the kids much. Ethan's fabric patch that I bought covered left eye and Addison needed hers for the right eye. The doctor gave me a brochure to order patches .... very cute ones with different colors and little designs. They were made of felt. They were $13 and we'd have to wait for them to be shipped. I thought I can make one of those and googled it and there was a tutorial for it right on the internet for free. Here's my first attempt. It's a little rough but it does the job ... I like the little owl but Addison would prefer a butterfly so I'll make her another one but she's happily wearing this one for now so much that today we accidently left it on for 5 hours instead of 4 ... ooops!

P.S. I love her missing teeth smile!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Candi Ladwig said...

that is so cute!!! what a good mommy! :)