Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm a Bear

Winter is not my favorite and I know it really just finally arrived in the Midwest but for the last couple weeks, all I want to do is eat and lay in bed after the kids go to bed. I can't stay up much past 10 these days when normally I hardly ever go to bed before 12 or 1. I'm not a morning person but when it's cold, I'd rather not get out of bed at all. I'm not a fan of winter clothes and we all know how I feel about dressing 4kids in winter gear to get out the door.
Photobucket
Maybe I'm part bear and should just hibernate. Maybe we should move to a warmer climate. Every evening I think I'm going to work on my dozens of homemade Christmas gifts and every night I just go to bed. I wish I could get started during the day and maybe that momentum would cause me to keep going in the evening but it seems as if every single day we are gone most of the day then when the older kids are home from preschool, forget trying to work on anything that doesn't involve getting them snacks, doing projects, getting redressed to go outside, or putting in a DVD.
Photobucket
Today was their first snow day. Even Aaron's work cancelled work! So we stayed home and I made breakfast
Photobucket
and we decorated wrapping paper, made some gift tags,
Photobucket
had our kids practice being mules,
Photobucket
went outside in the freezing cold, Aaron did card tricks (?),
Photobucket
taught Addison and Caden about War and Go Fish, made vegetable soup, and I did more laundry than should be humanly possible. There's still more to do. A few months ago I decided I would start doing laundry once a week like I hear other people describing .... conclusion: this does not work for us. In one week there is at least 9+ loads of laundry. It's too much for me to get done in one day because it's not like I can just do laundry, there's too much other stuff going on here. So it takes me like 3 days to get it all done and then it's still not all done, a vicious cycle. I'm going back to doing a load or two every day then usually on the weekend I don't have to do any.

I had plans to work on all my projects
Photobucket
this fabric is washed and ready and calling my name but after all that laundry and the fact that it about 10 degrees in my home ... well I'm calling it a day and this mama bear is going to bed ... maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Candi Ladwig said...

What are you making with all that fun fabric? Did you finally find your lost hearing aid? I love your pictures :) Looks like you had a great snow day!