Monday, February 19, 2007

2 Pee'ers in the potty!


We gave the kids potty chairs for Valentine's Day (hey, what says LOVE more than a potty). Tonight we had them sit on the potty when we were putting on their jammies. Addison has sat on our "old" potty chair many a time and never done anything even after 20 minutes. Tonight she pottied! So we made a HUGE deal about it and drug the boys out to look and immediately they wanted to sit too which is BIG cause they have never been interested in it before. Caden wouldn't budge off that potty until he went and he did! Now Ethan is another story. First there was a big tadoo about which potty we wanted (the blue one, no the white one, no the blue -- what was I thinking getting 3 different colors????) And for some reason he thinks you should put your feet in the potty too. But he did sit there for a while. What a first step, huh? Bring on the underwear . . . well maybe not yet but soon!

Ethan went to the audiologist today. His hearing test showed him to have the same amount of hearing loss in his left ear (moderate to severe) and his right ear is still measuring normal. Aaron was home sick with some sort of stomach virus and I made him watch the other 2 thinking taking 1 is easier than 3 -- wrong! Ethan was a maniac. He threw fits in every place we went. "Yelled" and told off everyone at the scrapbook store. Got super mad EVERY time I had to put him in his car seat. Another thing I noticed is when you only have one, people don't look at you in awe and say what a great kid you have. They look at you like "why can't you control that child" and "please don't have another kid and God help you if you do since you aren't handling this one very well". Here's a tip: don't take a loose kid in a scrapbook store -- bring a stroller or rope to tie them up or something. Anyway maybe I just don't notice how WILD Ethan can be when there's 3 of them or maybe he doesn't know what to do when he's alone without the other 2 to help him remember!

On another note, if my husband is sick again tomorrow I may pack up the kids and we'll go to the mall or maybe I'll just go lock myself into the bathroom for an hour or so. I can't take it! He has some stomach virus or a reaction to some new meds (we're not sure) but it is driving me crazy. I guess he is the ONLY one who has been sick and STILL had to do things like help with his own children. And I'm not kidding this illness has given him the unique gift of being in the bathroom every time I need him to help. This is day 3! I hope he's back to feeling good tomorrow and goes to work!

I did manage to get a couple scrapbook layouts completed this weekend. I think I am going to make an organized list of layouts I would like to do and get the photos printed so I have everything ready to go when I have the time. I spent a lot of time on Sunday trying to decide what photos I should scrapbook and looking for ones that were printed and couldn't find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just too funny. It's a peeing party. Aaron seems to be throughly enjoying it too. T
he boys' new undies are on the way!
- Keely