Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Summer so far ....

I've been doing my best to keep the FUN in our summer to go along with all the WORK we have been doing at Dad's farm.  Our Summer To Do List is getting completed.
We've ate some yummy sweet corn from Aunt Ashley and our friend Paul.
She asked me "Do I have a little butter on my face?"  Ummmmm .....yeah.

I've been enjoying cooking with fresh tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, and cucumber .... generously given to us by friends and family .... I've made about 5 batches of my homemade salsa that I LOVE!
 
I'm for sure having a garden next year!
The kids have spent a lot of time on the sand pile at Grandpa's.  We used the sand to fill some dangerous "holes". 
We've been doing some artwork at home.

We went to Oneida Days and watched a parade and entered the kids tractor pull.
Addison won in her weight class.  She was so happy with her prize. 
Caden lost his first and second tooth a few days apart.
Potty training is going well .... we're almost there.

We had a fun cookout with our farm friends, Paul and Trudy.

We went to our first baseball game ... where we have never been so hot! 

Visits to Paul and Trudy's farm is always fun .... "Look, Ma, I found an egg!"

We've had some large fires at the farm.
Collecting metal is what we mainly do there right now.
We've had a lot of fun swimming at different pools.
And at home.
Our pool is still holding up ... believe it or not.  Next year I think we need a little larger one.
Our superhero party was a fun event ..... more to come on this later.  I have LOTS of SUPER photos from this party.

Hope your summer is as fun and busy as ours!

No comments: