Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Future Party Girl . . .

I swear Reese could sleep all day, every day. Keely is a little jealous of me because she said Reese sleeps 23.5 hours per day and Jeffrey sleeps .5 hours per day. That's not exactly true. Jeffrey did go through a non-sleeping time for quite a while but he is doing a lot better (easy for me to say since I'm not his mommy). Reese is starting to be up more. She is awake almost 1-1/2 whole hours in the morning then she sleeps from about 9-11:30 and wakes to eat but sort of sleeps through that feeding and then she will wake up around 2:30 and be up for about an hour and then go back to sleep. She finally wakes up about 5 and will be somewhat up (with several long catnaps here and there) until about 10:30. She sleeps through the night many times or only gets up once -- she's a great baby, actually I think she is lazy but I'm not complaining. She is beginning to play and loves smiling at all of us! I just keep telling Keely that because Jeffie is giving her such a hard time now that he will probably be a nice, sweet teenager and Reese will be some WILD CHILD!

If that's the reasoning I am going with then Ethan should be the GREATEST TEENAGER EVER! He can wear me out. This morning I couldn't find him anywhere. He had gone upstairs and closed my bedroom door and was jumping on our bed with his rainboots over his footie PJs. You can tell him a thousand times to stop doing something but he won't. We have to remove him from the situation and then make it so he can't go back to what he wants to do which can be rather tricky -- like jumping on the couch although Aaron and I have considered throwing the couch and all the other furniture out the door many times.

The whole teenager thing is mind-boggling to me anyway! We will have 4 of them at once. I try not to think of it too much because it scares me. Driver's liscences, cars, jobs, sports, dating, and all the drama -- if we survive all that then we can survive anything!

No comments: